Hazard Failure to comply with relevant legislation
Knowledge and understanding
|Failure to comply with relevant legislation||
Understand all associated hazard knowledge
Hello - Hello The operational environment is governed by a number of diverse pieces of legislation and regulations. These set out duties that fire authorities, fire and rescue services and individual employees must carry out. Some also lay out powers that may be exercised in certain circumstances. Other aspects may enable regulations to be made.
Legislation may apply to all parts of the United Kingdom or there may be individual acts that apply to specific countries.
The list below includes the majority of those acts and regulations that apply to the operational environment. Adding test content.
- The Fire and Rescue Services Act (2004), the Fire (Scotland) Act 2005, and the Fire and Rescue Services (Northern Ireland) Order 2006
- The Civil Contingencies Act (2004)
- The Civil Contingencies Act 2004 (Contingency Planning) Regulations 2005
- Emergency Services (Obstruction) Act 2006, Emergency Workers (Scotland) Act 2005 and the Fire and Rescue Services (Northern Ireland) Order 2006
- The Health and Safety at Work Act (1974) and the Health and Safety at Work (Northern Ireland) Order 1978
- Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations (1999) and the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2000.
- The Human Rights Act (1998)
- Water Resources Act (1991), Water Environment (Controlled Activities) (Scotland) Regulations 2011, Water and Sewerage Services (Northern Ireland) Order 2006
- Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984, Police and Criminal Evidence (Northern Ireland) Order 1989
- Control measureUnderstand legal responsibilities and duties